The Lifepak 12 service manual states that these devices must be checked by a certified technician at least once every 12 months.
Our Physio-Control factory trained biomedical engineers test each and every feature and parameter according to Physio-Control’s own service manual. You will receive a PDF of the full test results upon completion of the PM for your records. If you ever lose this documentation, we keep on file for you as well.
Our engineers use the newest biomedical testing equipment on the market, including the Fluke Impulse 7000 and Prosim-8. Once your PM is complete, your device is registered in our tracking software so that we can remind you within 30 days of your next required PM. Our goal is to make these scheduled maintenance checks as simple and painless as possible for you, our customer.
Return shipping via FedEx is FREE when a service contract is purchased.
Please feel free to ask one of our technicians any questions. Below are some important
directives to consider:
- “Test the defibrillator system at least once every six months to ensure that the system will reliably produce the maximum energy level that will be used on patients.” And, “Provide the most current instructions for use with each defibrillator model during daily testing and preventive maintenance procedures, including any manufacturer’s suggested checklists.” [More Info]
The FDA also states: “Follow manufacturer recommendations and your facility’s
policy for proper maintenance…” [More Info]
Furthermore, the FDA dictates: “Conduct preventive maintenance of all external defibrillators according to the manufacturer’s protocol and regulatory requirements and your facility’s best practice.” [More Info]
- “the Joint Commission considers defibrillators life support equipment.” “…defibrillators must be included in an organization’s medical equipment inventory.” “Maintenance activities then must be identified for equipment on the inventory.” [More Info]
- The CAAS (Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services) states that “The agency must have a preventive maintenance program, with records of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, for both the vehicles and the durable medical equipment inside.” Furthermore, CAAS mandates AEDs, ECG/Defibrillator Equipment, Pulse Oximeters, etc. be covered by any preventive maintenance service policy:
- Perform manufacturer’s recommended cablibrations/inspections.
- Replace and service batteries (if applicable)
The Lifepak 12 has been a workforce for EMS/Fire and healthcare facilities for over 10 years. If properly maintained, your Lifepak 12s should serve you for many more years. Let us serve you by ensuring that your Lifepak 12s are still performing to manufacturer specifications and ready assist in life-or-death situations.